Eligibility requirements to receive a health care reform tax subsidy:
- United States citizen or legal resident
- Family income between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL). For individuals in 2013, 100 percent FPL is $11,490 and 400 percent FPL is $45,960. For a family of four, 100 percent FPL is $23,550 and 400 percent FPL is $94,200.
- Health insurance must be purchased through a public health insurance marketplace
- Affordable Coverage must not be available through an employer
- Not be eligible for Medicaid